[cheesecake-users] output question

will guaraldi willg at bluesock.org
Sat Jul 22 13:26:27 PDT 2006

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006, Micha? Kwiatkowski wrote:

> I don't like the way random messages get mess up along the lines of
> actual score. IndexRequiredFiles may be the first but imagine how the
> output would look when other 2+ indexes would add their own verbose
> information to the output. That's the reason I initially put that
> information on the end, below the score. What are the benefits of having
> info just below initial score, in the middle of results?

The information isn't random, it's explanatory.  It explains where the
score for that specific index came from.  Having it at the end loses the
context and I think loses a lot of the meaning as well.  I understand that
it makes the final report very long, but I think that's the whole point of
connecting it with the verbose flag and not making it print the
explanation by default.

The index scores don't mean anything without some explanation of where
they come from and how they're calculated.  You could put that information
in the documentation, but that won't explain the score for a particular
run.

If that's not what you mean by "verbose", then I guess I'm not sure what
the "verbose" flag should do.

/will